I am admittedly a people watcher. So for me, personal blogs are like people watching reading material. I love them and I cant stop reading them...oh so many

Dooce
Thatnight
Intensify
Lucky
Vacant.cc
5ives (not really a blog, just really good)

It is so interesting for some reason to have a little window into other people's lives. As you read day to day, you feel that you begin to build a rapport with the writer and each post seemingly becomes a conversation between you and the writer, where you listen and they talk. You are the best listener in the world. Ok, so I've said that. I just have been thinking this for a while and wanted to get it down.

On another note, I have decided to take my entire family into the "internet" age...wow, that looks a lot cheesier when I type it out. I want to make a push to get my entire fam on twitter, which may or may not be a daunting task. I am pretty confident that everyone in the family is fairly acquanited with casual computing, i.e. e-mail, internet-ing, etc so I am sure they can handle twitter technology-wise. I have in my corner a great explanation video from Common Craft that explains twitter amazingly ("in plain english" as the call it). I plan on using this video and a bit of prompting to get the fam using twitter. As I have gotten older, and as a result become busier, I have less and less time to talk with my family...certainly less than I wish I had to talk. I think twitter will be a great way for all of us to see what each other are up to...even when we are busy or just don't have time to sit down and have a conversation, even though we might want to. I'll post back with my results of this undertaking.

On another note, I got in my black MacBook yesterday and I am at work wishing I was at home so I could fiddle with it. It is really snappy and looks amazing. So far I am really impressed. I am worried though, that with this laptop, I really might not have much use for my iMac. Is there a reason to have two seemingly same computers, one a desktop and one a laptop??

3 comments:

Rachel said...

thanks, stalker!

(i jest. i appreciate the link!)

Talon said...

aww, fail.

Seriously though, I have no I idea how I stumbled on your site but I do enjoy it. The latest design is great with the sketchy-ness and such...fantastic.

Leah said...

i second the thanks!