I spent most of yesterday evening preparing my old laptop for my friend, who has purchased it from me for a nominal fee. I feel really good about this, even though I am a bit scared to go without a Windows machine for the first time ever, because this will be his 1st computer. I know, who doesn't have a computer? Well, the thing is is that he has never really been a person who is at all interested in anything tech, I mean anything. The kid bought a DVD player for the first time last year...seriously. Why does he need a computer now you say? Well, he is going back to school and need it for that. These are all good things because I was worried about him, lifestyle-wise, for a good while. But now, he seems to be back on track, which makes me very happy. All of our other mutual friends from years past have sort of abandoned him for a few bad decisions he made, one's he regrets. I consider him to be a "best" friend of mine, as far a friend classification goes. So I have rambled off topic...back to what I was saying


I wiped the HDD clean on the old lappy and set it all up for him to dive right in as soon as he gets it. No bloatware or unnecessary-ness. What I wanted to say is that I actually enjoyed doing all of this, usually it is a hassle when I am doing it for myself but the prospect of this machine being somebody's first computer, how exciting!! (<--sarcastic tones, of course) No, seriously though, it is a groovy thought. Its all finished and polished and ready to be used. I am proud, nee, filled with hubris that I can hand down this sword of technology, this staff of fulfillment and satisfaction. Ok, I'm done with that thought. I hope he enjoys it.

Listening

Panic at the Disco (no exclamation point? wha?)

(hey now, don't judge, its new and it needed a listen, ok?)

Just Read
by John Krakauer

No comments: