So, I am a rabid user of Last.fm and scrobble my songs daily. I am definitely one of those people who likes my music organization [like a meticulously groomed iTunes library with every song's tag filled out with more information than a passport] and even more so a service that will give me stats about my music listening. Last.fm does this fantastically…but I have one quibble. What can't I scrobble my tracks played from my iPhone? I mean seriously. In my mind, people who have iPhones are the kind of people who use things like Last.fm. Not really a big deal, just thought we could all use it.


I went back to my alma mater this weekend for a bit of "frat" action. See, we have this thing called Founder's Day where alumni come back once a year for a bit of drinking, golf, and crawfish. I always look forward to it every year (like a dork) but end up disappointed afterwards. Don't get me wrong, I had a decent time...I do love to swing a golf club...but every time I go back and visit old college friends, in any setting, I end up thinking, "I do not belong here." [Gets on soapbox] I have done a lot of growing apparently, personality-wise, since I graduated (unbeknownst to me) and I really don't enjoy sitting around watching people act like jackasses and drinking themselves into oblivion. Don't get me wrong, every time I drink I certainly think to myself that drinking until I cant feel my lips and the tip of my nose is a good idea, but it invariably ends up in fail. I would much rather watch basketball or employ my self-aggrandizing raconteur-ery. Srsly. I have outgrown some of my favorite pastimes (that would be the acting like a jackass part) while others, very clearly have not. I mean, it really is OK if i decide not to drink while I'm golfing. [gets down]

Worst roads in America: New Orleans. Srsly.

Listening:

In Defense of the Genre (totally not as good as ...Is A Real Boy)


Reading:

NASA Memos...ftw

CAVEAT: Now, not all of my friends are like what I described. I suppose the people I was referring to are people that are not really good friends but just regular hey-man-how-you-doing friends. This of course makes sense because I try to be friends with people I like to be around. Wow, what a novel idea. Just to clear that up.

No comments: