So, I've been as busy as a dolphin, as they say, working on my thesis and work shiz so my posts have been non-existent. So there ya go.

So I am in Wal-Mart last night looking for a new rug and I happen on this sign. I say to my wife, "Hey, look, apparently its coyote season...hold on..what the hell is a deer dog?" Thats right, the last one on the list, an apparent Louisiana favorite, deer dog. Please tell me this is just an awesome colloquialism and not really a dog.

Now, as I pull out my iPhone in order to capture this sweet piece of southern amazingness, I hold in my hand a freshly opened Coke Zero. The sign is above my head, naturally, and I get as close as I can so I can get a good shot. I lift my phone up, two hands, and along for the ride is the Coke. I hear it hit the floor before I feel it on my shirt. In my fervor to make fun, I have in fact shamed myself my pouring half of my bev on to my shirt (srsly, bought it two days before, brand fn new) as irony slaps me on the face. I am awesome.

Good times...deer dog, spilled coke on a Wal-Mart floor (which I left there, uncleaned...hey man, its Wal-Mart). On a lighter note, my a/c in my car does not work. I think I might be able to live without it (bc its gonna take a lot of work to fix it), you know, by rolling down the windows and such, except for the fact that yesterday, the driver's side window decided to work only like 1/5 of the time. I am a bit worried. I need you window.

Went to Jazzfest on Sunday and got to see The Raconteurs. The show was great, (I didn't realize Jack White was such a badass on the guitar. He is.) as was the weather, and, of course, the food was outta sight. Then a little Neville Brothers to close the evening. Towards the end of the show, Aaron sang Amazing Grace a capella which absolutely silenced the crowd. It was just so calming, I think for everyone. With all the talk about recovering after the storm, the firsts for Jazzfest since the storm, etc, it gave everyone affected a little solace and time to reflect. You know, that song has strong words that, when you hear them, make you feel like you're doin' OK. We are, I think.

Watching:

The Savages

Man, what a great movie. Moving, Thought inspiring, things movies should be. That is all.

I am all over the place.

No comments: